Prayer points with scriptures when praying for depression
- Come in the name of Jesus Christ. John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
- Praise and Worship. Ps 66:4 “All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name.”
- Confession. Dan 9:20 “And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God.”
- Request. Philippians 4:6 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
- Thanksgiving. Ps 107:22 “And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.”
Prayer for Depression
Lord, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ. You are great, and there is none like unto you. O Lord, great, mighty, and powerful are you, and there’s nothing you cannot do. You are my God, and I worship you. In you, I live, move, and have my being; you are my God.
Lord, according to Nehemiah 1:6, I confess my sins, I confess my sins and the sins of my parent’s house. Lord, forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Forgive us for those sins that we aren’t even aware of.
Depression is not my portion, and I rebuke the spirit of depression now in the name of Jesus Christ. You foul spirit of depression, remove from my life now.
Lord, I stand on your word in Luke 10:19 that says, ” Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and power over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
Lord, I stand in the authority of your word, and I rebuke every foul power working against my life to bring me under the bondage of depression.
Lord, I declare Psalm 51:8 over my life that you will let me hear joy and gladness. May bless me with, peace happiness, and fulfillment. May you cause me to rejoice in freedom, confidence, good health, and your protection. May you give me the courage, stamina, and strength to overcome afflictions and hard times.
Lord, my desire is to know you more. To grow in faith, and build a stronger relationship with you.
Thank you, Lord, for you cause me to overcome the spirit of depression. Lord, I bless, praise, extol, thank you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.